My Way is the Highway.

An account of my journey on the road with Ari Hest and his band.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Two week notice.

About two weeks from right now, I'll be in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I will have boarded a plane to Chicago, where I will have met up with the band, and from whence we will have driven to the University of Wisconsin for what will have been my first gig as Assistant Tour Manager with Ari Hest's band.

Okay, enough with the future perfect tense.

I'm so pumped for this. I put in my notice with the manager today and started telling my coworkers about my upcoming journey. They're all thrilled for me, especially those who now see me as their foot in the door to the music industry. I'm expecting to receive a handful of CDs and other materials over the next week and a half.

Waiting for September 7th will be kind of like waiting for Christmas. I don't think I'll be able to sleep at all the night before. This is going to be such a big change for me -- living on the road, being around live music all the time, not worrying about money for a change, and just enjoying life as I help out on the tour. Kind of like a cross-country vacation that I'm earning as I go. I know it will be hard work, but I'm looking forward to it.

Everyone should pick up Ari Hest's new record, Someone to Tell. It's fantastic. Plus you'll help support Ari and, by extension, me. Also, request Ari's music on your local radio stations. Try to catch the tour if you can -- make sure to say hi if you see me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home